The lady doth protest

As I predicted yesterday, Suella Braverman's post-sacking letter has been delivered to Rishi Sunak and shared with the world, and it's a shocker.

Every bit as vituperative as expected, she spreads her vicious and self-justificatory bile over three pages. But the killer paragraph reads:

"You have manifestly and repeatedly failed to deliver on every single one of these key policies. Either your distinctive style of government means you are incapable of doing so. Or, as I must surely conclude now, you never had any intention of keeping your promises."

I have no truck with Sunak and my opinion of him is probably no higher that Braverman's but my opinion of her is even lower, especially after this murderous missive. What a thoroughly nasty piece of work she is. She couldn't even find it in herself to go quietly and with dignity - a word she would have to look up in a dictionary. 

I'm not aware that Sunak's response has yet been published but his best revenge would be a terse "I note your comments". Or, better still, emulate the late Queen's withering put-down following Meghan and Harry's mega-whinge:

"Recollections may vary".

Popular posts from this blog

Looking to Africa - long read

On old age

Born to rule